Louis Dressner Selections - Wine Importer
Côtes-du-Rhône from Domaine Marcel Richaud in Cairanne.
Marcel Richaud.

Profile

Cairanne produces many of the best wines made in the vast Côtes-du-Rhône-Villages area due to a group of talented and dedicated winemakers and good terroir. Situated atop a range of low hills, with perfect exposure, looking east over the plain between the Aigues and Ouvèze rivers, the elevation ensures slightly cooler temperatures than on the Plan de Dieu, (as the plain below is known), where the summer heat is usually extreme.

Interview

This interview with Marcel Richaud took place in Bordeaux in June 2011.

Wines

A.O.C Côtes du Rhône Villages Cairanne
Soil: Rocky surface on miocene
Grapes: 36% Grenache, 38% Mourvèdre, 18% Syrah, 8% Carignan
Vines: between 40 and 70 years old with yields of 30 to 35 hl/ha
Vinification: 80% is fermented and aged in concrete tanks, the other 20% in 600L barrels. Kept at stabilized temperatures in Richaud's underground cellar until bottling.

PDFs

View / Download Domaine Marcel Richaud PDF
View / Download just the Profile as a PDF
View / Download just the Interview as a PDF
View / Download just the Wines as a PDF